Chani Schochet leads our Mill Hill Care team which comprises of a number of different people giving their time in a variety of different ways to the Community.
We have around 20 members on the main Welfare committee, as well as other subsidiary groups. Some of the areas covered are listed below.
1. A 24 hour hotline
2. Befriending: call or visit elderly, lonely or ill members of our community.
3. Chevra Kadisha
4. Bereavement: counselling and support, as well as provision of food.
5. Illness: hospital visits as well as home visits and provision of food.
7. Rosh Hashanah phone calls to senior members.
8. Yom Tov parcels to those who need or have had a difficult year.
9. Sending birthday cards to parents of a new born baby.
10. Attending training courses on bereavement counselling.
For these, and many other areas, we are still desperate for help.
Right now, we are in particular need of men to join our team.
Please let us know if you feel you can give us any help -
even one hour each week to visit someone or help in any other way.
Experience is not required and training will be provided.