If you are able to lend a helping hand for an hour or so once every 8-9 weeks on a Shabbat morning, we are looking to increase our team of volunteers to help set out the Community Kiddush which takes place each week after the main service.
NEW MEMBERS COMMITTEE
Would you like to help welcome new members to the shul?
We would love you to join the New Members Committee to help make phone calls to new members, deliver New Year gifts and generally get involved in making those joining Mill Hill shul feel at home.
Our new Rainbows and Brownies Units need your help.
Click here to view the Girl Guides section.
Chani Schochet leads our Mill Hill Care team which comprises of a number of different people giving their time in a variety of different ways to the Community.
We have around 20 members on the main Welfare committee, as well as other subsidiary groups. Some of the areas covered are listed below.
1. A 24 hour hotline
2. Befriending: call or visit elderly, lonely or ill members of our community.
3. Chevra Kadisha
4. Bereavement: counselling and support, as well as provision of food.
5. Illness: hospital visits as well as home visits and provision of food.
7. Rosh Hashanah phone calls to senior members.
8. Yom Tov parcels to those who need or have had a difficult year.
9. Sending birthday cards to parents of a new born baby.
10. Attending training courses on bereavement counselling.
For these, and many other areas, we are still desperate for help.
Right now, we are in particular need of men to join our team.
Please let us know if you feel you can give us any help -
even one hour each week to visit someone or help in any other way.
Experience is not required and training will be provided.